Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing Trojan.Brisv.A Virus

• Please log in to reply

rkay48

rkay48

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Norton Security found the virus Trojan.Brisv.A that I picked up from a P2P music site (yea, I know, not good hygiene) . Norton sends you to their site for a removal program, which I downloaded and ran. As others have reported here recently, this did not seem to do much, and when I scanned the system, the virus was still there (it was in what was called a mp3 file). [I am running Windows Vista(64bit) on a Dell with Intel Quad processor].

From advice on another site, I tried the following.
--Restart in Safe Mode
--Run Norton removal program (when finished, the program now tells me that the virus was removed).
--I then went to the directory with the infected file and I was able to delete it completely (also from Recyle Bin)

After this, I can not longer find any evidence of the presence of this virus. Norton scans come up clean.
Is there some other way of confirming that the virus is totally gone?

Advertisements