Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

software removal from hidden registry

• Please log in to reply

bambeyette

bambeyette

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) :blink: :) i can't seem 2 be able 2 TOTALLY REMOVE a)mindspring; b)earthlink.net; c)norton; d)symantec; & e)mcafee. :) we first had dial-up mindspring, elink bought them out; in april 08 we got a "dsl", elink is & was still controlling most of the computer, until we threatened them-HOWEVER, NEEDLESS 2 SAY-IT'S(earthlink) is still on the computer; along with norton, symantec, & mcafee. we now have "AVG"; ad-aware se; windows defender & malicious software remover; & "verizon". the computer is-: "dimension 2400, windows xp, sp 3." does ANYONE OUT-THERE KNOW what i can do 2 remove these-earthlink iIS interferrin with verizon; & norton & the others are interferring wth the scans, updates, etc of "AVG" :) :blink: :) there are so many programs that i never got on the cmputer, bu, i figure if i get rid of the others, then MAYBE th compute will say "THANK GOD & THANK YOU" :) i reallyuly hope someone can help me; i knowmoderate 2 barely semi-advanced computer help. i can get into the "regedit", & that's how i found these; BUT, WHEN i DELETE, they pop BACK UP within hours; even afte restarting the computer. :blink: :upset: :) HELP ME, PLEASE!!! :blink: if i get any responses in my messages, i can give u my email if it helps any. THANK YOU TO ALL!!!!!!! urnuts

Advertisements

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
Hi bambeyette

Sure sounds like a mess :)

Lets start with the security applications, so your AVG
can run properly.

To remove Norton / Symantec, download the appropriate uninstaller from here:
http://service1.syma...005033108162039

To remove Mcafee, follow the guide provided here or download the uninstall tool a bit down the page:
http://www.wikihow.c...Security-Center

As for Mindspring and Earthlink, you could reboot into safe-mode, then try
remove them via Add / Remove programs.

Regards Abydos