Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Start Up Problems

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
When I turn on my pc it goes to the "safe mode" screen and asks me to choose either safe mode, safe mode with networking, the last best configurations that worked, or start windows normally. None of these options work except "safe mode with networking, and safe mode". And they only work from time to time. When I start up my pc it keeps going to that screen to choose an option to start, and I'll spend about ten minutes trying to get any option to work, because it just keeps restarting after everytime I chose an option. I actually see a blue screen flash after each time it does this weird automatic restart that ends up taking it back to the safe mode options. The blue screen flashes to quickly for me to read it so I pressed F8 and disabled automatic restart. Upon reading, it said "the computer is shutting down to avoid system failure (or something like that), you have installed new hardware or software improperly and windows is restarting to avoid problems". I have not installed any hardware or programs, my pc has been the same way it has been for a long time. I don't install new hardware on this machine, and the last time I installed a program was about two weeks ago. I ran Norton antivirus, trend micro online scanner, system mechanic maintenance, ad-aware, and spybot search and destroy. Nothing was resolved. The system restore feature does not work and it is not turned off from what I see. Windows Update does not work either (remember I am accessing everything from rare boots that actually start my system to safe mode with networking after trying to choose an option for like ten minutes). I don't know what to do. You guy's are the experts, can you help me out???

I will be trying to boot into my pc in safe mode with networking every hour to see if I get a response.

P.s. Thanks for the help a while back "Metallica" (staff member)

Advertisements