Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New system build won't boot

• Please log in to reply

waft

waft

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I recently bought components to set up my own system, but once I had finished and powered it up nothing happened, no beeps, no POST and nothing on screen. There is definitely power going to the motherboard becuase the LED's on it light up and the CPU fan is working. The specs of my system are as follows:

Core i7 [email protected]
Gigabyte EX58-DS4/Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
2x2gb Dual Channel OCZ memory
Nvidia GTX260

I initially thought I had been sent a faulty motherboard so I returned it and recieved a replacement, which still didn't work, even though I was assured the new one had been tested and was working properly before it was sent. I took the computer to a shop who tested all the components individually and confirmed they all worked apart from the motherboard. My next step was to purchase a different motherboard, although it was still a Gigabyte one, but low and behold I was still having the same problem.

I really don't know where to go next so any help would be much appreciated. I have heard that Gigabyte motherboards have a problem with the version of BIOS used and compatibilty with i7 processors, but there only solution is to update the BIOS which I can't do because I can't actually reach the BIOS. Any ideas?? Thanks

Advertisements