Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't login to Linksys router's default IP address

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Eun Mcknight

Eun Mcknight

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I used that too, but nothing works at all.. Is there any possible way that I can do to fix it? I do a lot of thing even by checking the sites provided 19216811.me, but I can't find the answer. So if you have any suggestion I will do that.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

If you can't log in to your routers default IP address  then its' likely that the default address has been changed at some time.

You can always reset the router back to its default settings ( there is usually a reset button on the router or often a very small "hole" that can just be fitted by an opened out paper clip..... if you can find the "reset hole" then press in the opened paper clip and hold it in for 30 seconds.... the lights on the router should then flash and the router should now respond to its default address.

If still having issues then let us know the exact make and model number of your router and try and run the

ipconfig /all

command from a command prompt with elevated privileges.

Copy and past the output here in your reply

Regards

paws

Nemesis-Dinu

Nemesis-Dinu

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  1. Ensure that power is plugged into your router, and it is turned on.
  2. Hold down the reset button for 30 seconds.
  3. Unplug the power from your router, and wait 60 seconds.
  4. Plug your computer into your router's Ethernet port 1.
  5. Plug power back into your router; wait for it to start up (this can take up to two minutes).
  6. Try to connect to the router using the default username/password -- ensure you try a few different Internet Browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome -- try with at least two different browsers).

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts

Closing this topic down as it's been 're-used' a few times since the original post of 2009.

Please create your own topic if you still require help! :-)

Regards,

Olrik