Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP standard veiw not available

• Please log in to reply

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
alright so this a continuation of a topic i had Here I Downloaded a program that was going to modify a dll and allw custom themes of xp to be used. well it didn't work

i have a problem. I went to customize.org and downloaded this UXTheme Multi-Patcher. I know thats my first mistake. Now after i did all steps here http://customize.org...e_Multi_Patcher I went to use some of the provided themes. I guess because i have my desktop theme in classic windows when i made this change it didnt take effect properly. so i went back to the installation page and realized at the bottom it state windows sp 2&3 dont work with this so I also realized that it states to undo the changes to the patch just to run the program again. So i thought alright ill do that and of course did it and well i thought it changed the file back, but now i cant select the XP theme. It's stuck in classic mode there are no options in the appearance section that have xp in it so is there a way to fix this?

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
I suppose it isn't very helpful to just point you to you to another site.. But it also wouldn't be respectful to the author if I just took the information on their site and posted it here... Google is your friend remember!

http://swatrant.blog...me-missing.html

I learned something! The default theme is called the Luna theme.. This is interesting, but I don't understand fully how or why Microsoft decided to call it Luna... :)

Good luck! And sorry I couldn't be helpful and respectful at the same time :)