Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows is Shutting down programs

• Please log in to reply

DaneGirl

DaneGirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Running WIN XP svc pkc 3.
I generally Download things when I go to bed or go away from my PC I keep things running so I can seed 24 hrs a day. However when I wake up my Torrent Program is Closed, My Phone Program and anything else left open is closed. l am also logged out as that user. when I return to the PC I have to Log ME back on and Restart u Torrent and all other programs I left running. I have checked these programs and there is nothing set to auto shut down when finished or anything.

This PC is a newer one I built and my main PC running the same programs does NOT shut them down.
I have a feeling some where in WIN XP there is a setting checked or NOT checked causing this or maybe
the BIOS settings ? Asus Mother Board if that has anything to do with it ?

I DO want my torrent program to keep Running always.

Thanks !

Advertisements