Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop wont boot up past hp logo screen

• Please log in to reply

crashgirl

crashgirl

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a hp dv5-1159 se laptop, purchased in november of 2008, so it is pretty new. I have not had any real issues with it until yesterday. The battery was low and it turned off before I could plug it in to charge it. So last night I plugged it in so that the battery could charge up again and attempted to turn it on. When I push the on button the laptop loads the hp invent logo screen but will not do anything more than this. I searched the hp website and found this topic:

http://h10025.www1.h...ct=3795347#N532

but I am not sure which cover goes to the memory module (there are three seperate covers screwwed on) or if this could really be the problem. My laptop wasn't bumped or jarred before it turned off so I do not know what caused the issue.
Also, if I should do this process... the screws are pretty tiny, what can I use to unscrew them? would one of those eye glass repair kits screwdrivers be close enough to the size?

Any suggestions for help with this issue would be greatly appreciated!! I use my laptop for school and work and i'm stuck on my old laptop until this issue is resolved. All my files are saved on my newer (non-functioning) computer and I didn't get to back them up !

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
What's the warranty on this computer? I wouldn't do anything, such as you're talking about, if it's still under warranty! Call HP.