Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows recovery probelm = /

• Please log in to reply

fouroseven

fouroseven

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok soooo where do i begin... lol

Um alright so i dunno i guess i upgraded some of the vista programs and what not... it worked fine everything looked good going well.. then after a few days this icon kept comming up saying that i need to change the product key or upgrade which basically ment to buy another vista i thought... anyways... i just left it.. i rebooted my computer 2 days ago... and then this is when all this started happening.. ill explain as best as i can :)

Ok it loads up it shows the compaq :boot menu / setup / system recovery F11----- only problem is when i click on it nothing comes up but when i click the boot or the setup it works fine.... Forgot to mention i dont have a CD and in Spain they wont give me a recovery disc i dont know WHY.... but they just wont and im not buying another vista... lol anyways

Ok this is at the stage where im at

Windows Boot manager

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. to fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer
2.Choose your language settings, and then click ¨next¨¨

If you do not have this disc, Contact your system administrator or computer manudacturer for assistance...

File : \Windows\system32\config\system

Info: Windows failed to load because the system registory file is missing, or corrupt...

So thats where im at... i went to the place where i baught the computer he obviously didnt speak to much english but tired.. lol anyways he said press F11 at the boot stage and basically i just went to setup to change it to england because i didnt understand what he ment.. but anyways i put it to english... and it does is system recovery press F11 i pressed it held it pressed quickly... basically it doesnt work...

Where do i go from here????

help pleaseee ive been trying to do so many things other than this but would rather not say here :) just would like to go the legit way.... :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you try Safe Mode?

fouroseven

fouroseven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yeah tried all of it but i keep gettin this --------

If you do not have this disc, Contact your system administrator or computer manudacturer for assistance...

File : \Windows\system32\config\system

Info: Windows failed to load because the system registory file is missing, or corrupt...

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
1. Create Vista Recovery Disc.

Option 1:
http://www.c4consult...0SOLUCTIONS.htm

Option 2:
Download Vista Recovery Disc iso image: http://neosmart.net/...-disc-download/
Burn it to CD, or DVD: http://neosmart.net/... to a CD or DVD

2. Boot from created disk.
At first screen click on Repair your computer:
Posted Image
This will bring you to a new screen where the repair process will look for all Windows Vista installations on your computer. When done you will be presented with the System Recovery Options dialog box:
Posted Image
After this, it will present you with a list of options including startup repair, system restore and command prompt:
Posted Image
Try System Restore, first.
If that doesn't work, try Startup Repair.

fouroseven

fouroseven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
awwww thanks a lot man..... AT least i got that up....

I dont have my CD key though... Do you think i can get a Cd key gen or something????

fouroseven

fouroseven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Crapppp... its says windows connot open the required file E:\sources\instal.wim. The file does not exist.make sure all the files reuired for installation are available, and retard the intallation. error code: 0x80070002

fouroseven

fouroseven

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
everything work! thank you Broni = )

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're very welcome :)

I dont have my CD key though... Do you think i can get a Cd key gen or something????

You didn't say anything, did you? :)