Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

says, Activation needed .. last day left

• Please log in to reply

r32_envy

r32_envy

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
;) :tazz: hi, i'm having a small side problem, i can't get my system to fully boot up.. heres the thing.

I installed Windows XP Home Edition on my pc. but the cd is for a DELL pc. I didn't think anything of it just says use for dell pc's only. so I installed it anyway. now its been asking me for the past week to enter an activation # and Name so I went online and found one and entered it... it said accepted and activated. now the past week every day i boot up there's an air bubble on the systray "5 more days to activate" so i click on it to enter the info again but everytime i click on it, a Window opens. it reads.. "Windows is already activated. Click [OK] to exit. So I have been doing this since I have no other choice. now today was day 1 on the activation. I booted up my PC. and when i enter my user name and password I get the same messege only when i click [OK] it brings me back to the log-on screen and says windows has to be ativated. what should i do. i cant do anything else but click ok and when i click ok it bring me to the login screen and then that messege pops up before i can do anything. please I know this is off the topic but can u help with this too. thanks. really appreciate it.

i dont want to have to wipe my harddrive and reload the disk with a newer version of xp. can u help.

thanks josh

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
1. "Use only on a DELL PC" means exactly that.
2. If you got an activation code online from anyone other than Microsoft, this is illegal.

3. Buy a legal copy. It's as simple as that.