Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE6 Web page Search Engine Problem

• Please log in to reply

justify

justify

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Running xp sp2 with 2 accounts both full access Using IE 6
On account 1 everything works ok. On Account 2 you can access all the search page websites yahoo etc and seem functional till search button is hit then nothing happens. Google will work from toolbar but will not transfer to browser window. Search facility from address bar brings forth MSN search and this works in browser. Have looked at what I think are all configuration settings and compared them with account 1 but I cannot see anything obvious. Spyware and virus detection all draw a blank. :tazz:

Advertisements

justify

justify

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
For anyone who might have a similar problem I think I have a solution but I cannot tell you why.
In IE6 click on Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Scroll down list till 'Enable Third party browser extensions (requires re-start) and uncheck the box. This seems to be enabled by default but searches now work fine in this account for all major search sites. If it should not work for you just re select the box no damage will be done. :tazz: