Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OMG-NEED Q8161A DRIVER FOR PHOTOSMART C3150 FOR VISTA

• Please log in to reply

susan spencer

susan spencer

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Bought new HP Pavilion notebook with Vista 64 bit OS. Previously had Vista and downloaded Q8161A driver from link HP sent to me in December. My same printer not operating with notebook. Now HP has link posted for Photosmart C3150 drivers for basic and full software and driver download. They suggest the larger one which even after shutting printer off and disabling firewall, virusware, and FTMP, won't download. Three days of OFFSHORE emailing back and nothing. Are there drivers loaded on this notebook that need to be uninstalled? I am assuming that the previous Q8161A driver download is history since notebook is gone. Nevertheless, no use of printer! Last download worked in 5 minutes with Vista and same printer. Where is this driver only?

Edited by susan spencer, 15 February 2009 - 02:55 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
http://h10025.www1.h...r...336&lang=en

Posted Image

You're saying, the bigger driver won't download, or install?

susan spencer

susan spencer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Thank you for your response. Yes, it does not download even to external hard drive. It times out.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I just download it here without a problem.
If you're using Firefox, even with broken download, when you start it again, it should pickup, wherever it left.

susan spencer

susan spencer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
thank you. tried at least twice. Internet Explorer times out.

susan spencer

susan spencer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
additionally, it did not pick up from where it left off.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

If you're using Firefox, even with broken download, when you start it again, it should pickup, wherever it left.