Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ie7 software conflict

• Please log in to reply

vgstudio

vgstudio

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm an architect and I use AutoCAD and have recently purchased a plug-in for it called Acroplot that allows me to make small .pdf plots instead of the large one's that you can make directly through AutoCAD. My desktop started acting up after awhile and eventually I couldn't use ie7 at all. This is a problem for me because I have another piece of software that is web-based and does not run on any other web browser. So, I recently formatted and rebuilt the hard drive because every time I tried to use ie7 it just shut down. Everything was fine until I reinstalled Acroplot. Now this works fine on my laptop, ie7 and AutoCAD and Acroplot co-exist just fine but not on the desktop. Any ideas? I will uninstall Acroplot tomorrow and make sure that I can go back to using ie7 again but this is crazy I don't know why it's happening. I'm running XP SP3 on both and I am neurotic about my updates so ie7 and XP are both up-to-date. Any help is appreciated.

Advertisements