Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PRE SDK left4dead character replacment

• Please log in to reply

Dreylivude

Dreylivude

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello everyone. I wasn't sure where to put this in the forum, so hopefully here will do.

Some friends and I are making a game mod but we have never done it before, so it's very much a blind leading the blind situation.

I'm in charge of the characters. I modeled and textured three enemy characters for our mod, and I would LOVE to use the animation and behaviors of three of the super zombies from left4dead as the behavior of my characters.

I found this: http://www.tacticalg...hammer-l4d.html

Which allows me to access some of the files from left4dead. So basically what I want is this:

- Rig already modeled and textured characters in XSI MOD Tool
- Import characters into half-life 2 - single player mod using custom levels made in hammer
- have characters use animations and ai from left4dead super zombies (In other words stick zombies in half-life 2 with my characters as their skin or mesh.)

I have very vague ideas on how to do pieces of this, so any help on the process as a whole would be a big help.

Thank you.

Advertisements