Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD writer is slower than a turtle!

• Please log in to reply

Ferrante

Ferrante

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I hope I am placing this post in the proper forum. In the past, I have always been able to copy and write DVD's with incredible speed. Recently, both the copying and writing has slowed down to a snail's pace. For example, this a.m. I copied a movie and it took about 30 minutes to read the main disc when in the past it was usually around 5 minutes or less. And it would write the movie to a black DVD in about 15 minutes or so. Today, it took almost an hour to write it and I thought I was going to go crazy. What could be causing this? I have an HP Pavillion, 2.0 gigAMD 64 X2 Dual Core, with 4 gigs of RAM. Belarc says my DVD burner is a TSSTcorp CD/DCDW-TS-H652M(CD-ROM) if that tells you anything. Could the drive be failing? I use DVD Platinum and also DVD Shrink when writing DVD's. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The drive is probably failing. They're not designed for heavy duty use day in day out.