Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Niece You Tube

• Please log in to reply

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
my niece, Tori, is trying to be a singer/actress. She recently put this on youtube for a talent agent to look at. She is kind of down on herself because she hasn't got a call back from the guy yet. (it has only been a week) I think it is awesome and I wanted some other opinions. I think I am judging it fairly, but I want to make sure...lol

http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page

Thanks for everyone help in this matter :)

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Very, very nice. I liked it. I listened all the way through and, darn, I even turned the sound UP! :) Think she needs more exposure than YouTube as there are just so many vocalists on that site.

countryboypride77

countryboypride77

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
Your neice is very good. She's just going to have to be very patient though. The agents and producers in the music industry always have a kazillion things going on. I wish your neice the Absolute Best of Luck. :)

Abydos

Abydos

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
A thing that hit me, at once, when I saw the video. Was that the recording didn't do her voice justice. Consider renting proper equipment or rent a hour in a recording studio. Expensive? Probably, but if she and her supporters (family / friends) are serious that this is the way she should try, I would like to think that that "little" hurdle could be overcome. Professional singing lessons will also be something she needs in the future. Many young dreaming girls don't find this necessary and a bit of boring. But its vital to keep the voice in perfect shape :)

Anyways, I thought, despite the sound, that she is talented. And best of luck with the project in the future. :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I'm still trying to watch it. I have high-speed internet, and it says it's done, but it seems to be buffering - it plays for 2-3 seconds then stops for 5-10 then plays again. It's hard to tell much from one note at a time.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I thought she did very well, but like mentioned above proper sound equipment or a recording studio would do a world of difference and help out a lot. (note: I was listing to it on cheap computer speakers :) )

Holkeye

Holkeye

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
She's good, but she's a little flat. Also, she should probably get away from that window, because singing into glass like that makes things sound wonky.