Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XBOX 360 CONNECTING TO SERVER / COMPUTER

• Please log in to reply

JayChu

JayChu

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
2 Questions.
#1. I have a server, and i was wondering if it's possible for my xbox 360 to be able to access the server. My server is just one of those network servers that have like, 2 hard-drives in them? = | iunno how else to describe it. I'll try asking more about it later if more details are required.

#2. My 360 is not picking up my computer. It's happened before and worked....for a short period of time. I know there's already something posted a few topics below but I only saw this for windows media player 11.
PLUS, I wanna ask about the server.

I get the same thing.

It finds the network, but it can't find my computer.
I have a wireless adaptar for my 360.
If anyone can find out what's up, please lemme know ! : D

Advertisements

Oblivionon360

Oblivionon360

• PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
Hello and Welcome to GeeksToGo, I'm Oblivionon360

I'd like to thank you for stopping into Geekstogo. Now, If you don't mind I'd like to ask a few question to better understand the situation.

• Is you computer connected to a router, a modem, or directly to the server you mentioned?
  • With your wireless adapter for the 360, What lights does it display most of the time?
  • Do you run your Xbox on a Static IP or do you have the network setup on Automatic?
  • I don't know much about servers but i do have a lot of references that will help me guide you on this issue. could you please describe more of your server such as Specs?