Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Big Fix

• Please log in to reply

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Anyone use Big Fix?

I am curious as to whether any members use the "patch manager" BigFix. Specifically
Big Fix Consumer Edition v1.7.6.0, see also PC World.

This program aides in keeping your system updated and even recommends system changes for better security or performance. I was skeptical at first it seemed a lazy way out as well as untrustworthy, but I kinda like it now. :tazz:

I would like some other members to evaluate it and see what they think. I started using it about a week ago and I always keep my machine pretty clean and up to date. I also play around with "performance tweaks" alot but BigFix found 2 upgrades I needed as well as recommended two Registry changes, one a performance issue which helped (noticeable) and the other a minor security issue. The Upgrades I would have found out about sooner or latter but I was impressed regardless. I would like to know how well it does on a machine which has not been upgraded regularly, Windows updates and stuff.

Thanks, StarHawk

Advertisements