Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash Drive

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
to many this is not a big deal, because they aren't very expensive, however i also need to buy a power supply, so i need to save everything i can...anyway, basically, i have a two GB Sandisk Cruzer flash drive(i had taken U3 off of it). i let someone borrow it for a couple weeks. when they gave it back, i noticed it didn't slide in/out as easily and had a scratch on each side. then, when i plugged it in, the computer didn't recognized it at all. any ideas as to what happened or if its fixable?

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like it was physically damaged. You can try removing it from the plastic covering and see how badly it is damaged and see if it is possibly fixable.

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Well Thanks anyway. well since im buyin one anyway, could you explain the different securities they have on them, like the encryption things, cause i dont really understand those...