Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Option #14

• Please log in to reply

Too Stupid 4 This

Too Stupid 4 This

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey all,
Not really sure where else to turn here. Dell PowerEdge 2300 had NT, upgraded to Server 2003. Worked fine after install, then reboot said SCSI BIOS not installed! I've farted around with it and have improved to No OS installed.

I have the WinServer 03 CD, but the CD drive is SCSI and I cannot get it to boot to that? In DOS I can change to C: & A: when I go to B: it is the exact same thing as A:? Don't care why....

Ok so all that whining is to ask this: How do I get this thing to see my CD drive? (links or EXACT instructions please) I've dug around all the cryptic sites I care to today, and am really fed up with this machine.

Is there anyone out there that can help me!! PLEASE!!

I was told that I gave too much info in this post on another board, no one answered my post(s) here. This is where it all started on Friday, (http://www.computing...lled/55071.html) didn't really resolve much with the answer given, dug around a bit and seem to be further along, the machine realizes that it has a hard drive now, it just thinks there is nothing on it? I'm good with flashing and installing again, but HOW....

Advertisements

Too Stupid 4 This

Too Stupid 4 This

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok, so I finally got this thing fixed, no telling what caused the problems? look here http://www.computing...scsi/55151.html for some other suggestions that I received.