Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 7 display driver problem

• Please log in to reply

dcortes8489

dcortes8489

• Pip
  • 2 posts
While using windows 7, it seems as if my display driver isnt updated. Everytime i use explorer (right click, use my computer or my documents, the start menu) the screen turns black for a moment, and then says that the display driver intel graphics accelerator has stopped working and recovered. It has caused it very frustrating for myself to even use my pc, due to that fact that almost all of the functions of the pc deals with explorer. I have already searched for updated drivers and it says that it is the current one. I have the intel 965 chipset family. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thx.

Advertisements

creepysound

creepysound

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
You could try to re download the latest driver again (Choose the one for Windows vista, If there is one.....i think Intel only offers WinXP Drivers for their embedded video card models) and then try to run the installation inWindows XP Compatibility Mode.

If that doesn't help then there may not be much you can do at the moment. Another Use who had a Dell computer with a Intel based Chipset was having video issues as well i think.

If Microsoft Does Release to us Testers, another updated Windows7 it may be possible driver support for allot of the intel chipsets will be in there.

You may also want to post this on the Windows 7 Forums and check the first post by Microsoft "What can i do if my hardware doesnt work"
http://social.techne...rdware/threads/