Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm not even sure how to explain this..

• Please log in to reply

Mrs Ike

Mrs Ike

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Normally I would google my problem, but since I can hardly explain my situation, I hope someone here will be able to help me.

If I let my computer stay on for any length of time, normally 2+ hours. Things start to disappear. My clock, the text on my start button, the programs in the start menu. And if I have a browser open, file, edit etc, will also disappear, and the browser turns black. not the whole browser, but just the top part. The text in my browser will return temporarily if I hover over it. I am usually able to continue browsing, but it slows way down. When I go to shut down. The little box that pops up that asks if you want to turn off, log off or restart. The text will also be missing from that and it will all just be weird looking.

Here are some poor quality pictures as a visual of what happens.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I have run scans on my computer with Avast! and have come up squeaky clean each time.
A friend on another forum asked me to run dxdiag, so I did that, and here are the results from that.. http://www.stealththe.net/DxDiag.txt
I have tried to open Task Manager while this was happening but a dialog box just appears, and since text is missing, I can't even tell you what the error that I am getting is.
Restarting does solve the problem temporarily, until the next time at least. My computer is brand new. I bought it on January 30th. But I did have it for a short time on my old computer. Maybe its a program on my computer?!
I really have no idea, so I hope someone here can help me. If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Edited by Mrs Ike, 25 February 2009 - 06:21 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

My computer is brand new. I bought it on January 30th.

Your best option is to back to the store. Trust me, you don't want to fix 3 weeks old computer, because you don't know what other bad things will happen in the future.