Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HUGE BIOS problem...

• Please log in to reply

ULTIMA2448

ULTIMA2448

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HUGE BIOS problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello. I have recently been having problems with the sound on my computer. I have been to other forums that have told me to download the updated drivers, which I did before I went to the forums to begin with. I did as they requested again, and still no luck. I went through a link that one guy gave to Dell.com and downloaded one that I thought would finally fix my sound issues. That one failed also, so I decided to download all the drivers on that page that were available to me. I started with an update for my BIOS,.. (which I was pretty sure didn't have anything to do with the problem) and after I extracted the files and restarted my computer, I got this message almost instantly: System haulted! Alert! Incompatible processor detected! This didnt seem like a big deal at first, I just thought i could go into BIOS from there and restore the default one... turns out that my keyboard is USB, and my computer has no older ports (sorry I don't know the name of em') and my computer is not acknowledging my keyboard or mouse, and since the USB directories are on my BIOS and I cant get into BIOS.. it seems that I'm screwed.. Can anyone help me out at all with this problem? :/ If anyone would like to try and resolve this for me or just tell me if I should just throw my computer into the river, please let me know... because there is a river about 1 mile from here that i wouldn't have a problem throwing it in :)

Thank you.

Advertisements