Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple Accounts in Outlook

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi,

I have two email accounts that I use from my ISP. I am trying to get the second one set up in Outlook 2003. It seems to be working except when I try to reply from my second account from my Outlook Inbox eventually I get an error message.

Is there something else I need to do?

Edited by Ferrari, 26 February 2009 - 09:33 PM.

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Ok so after a lot of messing around I found the outgoing server port number was different in the same window but through a different path (keep reading for that to make sense lol )

First, and many times, I went to TOOLS >> Email Accounts >> View/Change Emails Accounts >> Clicked on more settings...the port numbers were correct.

Where the outgoing server port was wrong was through this maze... Tools >> Options >> Mail Setup >> Send/Recieve >> Edit >> Click on Second Accounts Name >> Account Properties >> Advanced Tab >> I found that the outgoing server number was different than if I went to that same window through the first set up instructions I mentioned earlier. I found that odd.

I know I had checked that several times because the error message Outlook was giving me said to check my port numbers. This still didn't do anything until I tried restarting Outlook. Sooo, I don't know. Everything seems to be working fine now after a few tests.

I will reply back if I have problems again...or should I just start a new topic?

Let me know if you have an explanation for all that. :)