Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't reconginize the mouse and keyboard

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
I recently put a new power supply and case fans in my computer. When i turned it back on, happy and excited, i found that after the BIOS screen, once i went into windows XP, my wireless mouse and keyboard weren't working. i then shut it down, and switched to a wired mouse and keyboard, however still no recognition. I've heard that i may have to re-install windows to fix this. Is there any other options?

Advertisements

jt1990

jt1990

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
Are these USB or PS/2 keyboard and mouse?

mjohemme

mjohemme

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My USB ports all just went out also after a power surge to my computer. Everything else works except my mouse which the computer doesn't recognize. I had to go back to the old non-USB mouse until I can find out the problem, so I am waiting to hear what you guys have to say here, too.

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
well, my mobo only has one ps2 connector, and the wireless was usb, but the the wired was a usb mouse and ps2 keyboard. and it recognizes fine until i get ti the windows login screen. then it just doesn't work at all.