Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0x0000007a Kernel Data Inpage Error/BSOD

• Please log in to reply

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Broni

I opened it up and found out that it is a Western Digital serial ata hard drive called WDScorpio. The model number is WD1200BVS or WD1200BEVS; however, I am not sure which download I should you. I think that it is the last Western Digital one on the list, but I just don't know. Could you tell me which one to use? By the way, the laptop is a Gateway ML6720.

Thanks,
Jenny

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You want to get this: Data Lifeguard Tools 11.0 for DOS (05.15.2006)
It'll create bootable CD.

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

You want to get this: Data Lifeguard Tools 11.0 for DOS (05.15.2006)
It'll create bootable CD.

Broni:

I downloaded and burned this one to a cd and it seems to ignore the cd and tries to start as usual. I did check the boot sequence and it says cd/dvd first. Am I doing something wrong? I didn't have this problem with the memtest cd, it started its task immediately.

Jenny

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It's weird...
Try this one, then: Data Lifeguard Tools 11.0 for DOS and Windows (CD) (01.02.2007)

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Broni,

I downloaded the other one to cd and it won't boot to it either. It goes through the same process until I get to the blank screen and cursor. I'm not sure what to do because I put the memtest cd back in and it booted to it so I don't think that it is the boot sequence.

Jenny

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
What program did you use to burn DLG_V11_0.iso file?

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I used Diag504fCD.iso. Should I try the other? Why do you think that they are not booting to those programs?

Jenny

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
That's fine. What I'm asking is, what program did you use to burn .iso file to the CD?

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I used cyberlink power2go to burn the cds.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'm not familiar with that program.
Try free ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/
This program, for sure, will make bootable CD.

Advertisements

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Thank you, Broni, for the link. The imgburn worked wonderfully. I used your first suggestion--dlg_v11_0--and it booted to it. I only have one question. Do you know how long it takes to complete, just so I will know that it is working correctly? It has been on "Please wait, analyzing hard disk subsystem..." for a little while now. If it finishes before you get a chance to answer, I will let you know.

Thanks again,
Jenny

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
It's impossible to predict.
It depends on the size of the drive, and in what state of integrity it is.
The best approach - leave it alone :)

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Broni,

I left it alone until this morning, but it never changed from last night and did not seem to be doing anything. So I had noted earlier that this particular (DLG_V11_0.iso) download stated that it was for installation of the hard drive, so I went ahead and tried the other one that said that it was for diagnostic purposes (Diag504fCD.iso) and upon booting it stated the following:

"Unable to locate the License Agreement file DLGLICE.TXT
Please make sure that the License Agreement file is located in the same path as DLGDIAG.EXE...

Cannot load the file A:\Command.com
Insert correct disk and strike and key"

I check the directory and the DLGLICE.TXT is there on the CD. I am so disappointed, I really thought that this one would work. However, I did note that although the dowload states that it is for CD, the instructions state that you need a floppy, of which I don't have. I noted on Western Digital's website there are other dowloads for this hard drive. Should I try another? Like the one for Windows? I am sorry to be such a pain.

Jenny

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Don't worry about any pain...LOL
Maybe bad download? Try one more.
You can try Windows one, but it has be run within Windows, and we don't know, if your computer will stay up long enough.

jrsummersill1

jrsummersill1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
You're right, the windows one doesn't work as I tried it when I went home for lunch. :) When I pulled up the cd with the Diag504fCD.iso, I noticed that the icons were separated by two different headings. One was "I" and the other "S", as if they were separated under different paths perhaps. I was thinking that may that is what the message meant by "Please make sure that the License Agreement file is located in the same path as DLGDIAG.EXE", because both of these particular file's icons were under a different letter something like this:

S

License Agreement

I

DLGDIAG.EXE

Now I'm not sure if "S" was the other letter, but "I" was definitely one of them. I don't know if that means anything or not. I did try to drop and drag them under the same letter, but it didn't work. I also tried to copy and paste one with the other, that didn't work either. This is so frustrating because I really believe it would work if they were not separted.

I also tried to re-burn the Diag504fCD.iso, but alas it turned out the same. There must be someway around it.

Jenny