Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sudden change in photo viewing format

• Please log in to reply

kent rogers

kent rogers

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Please help if you can. I have been taking the memory stick from the camera, place it in the media reader. A window opens and asks me what program I would like to use to open the photos.

I usually use "windows explorer". After double clicking the file containing the pixs it used to open up with thumbnails of the pixs along the bottom of the window. I could then double click a photo and it would blow up to a good size for viewing. This would also show a couple arrowed buttons so I could scroll back and forth through the pixs and a few other options.

A couple days ago the format has changed. Open file and pixs are spread out in a window, double click to blow up and the photo comes up (blown up) in a window, but it runs off the screen so you can't see the whole photo. Also the window is so far off the screen I can't close it. I can just get the mouse over the "minimize" button.

If I right click the header of the window I can't close the photo, just delete it. I have been minimizing the photo to the toolbar (tray??) at the bottom of the screen then I can right click the photo and close it. The photo then returns to the file with the rest.

I have the same problem in my pictures folder as well.

I did try to update my NVIDIA driver the other day but I'm not sure if I actually got any updates installed.

If I had an idea where to start it seems like this shouldn't be to bad to fix.

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks....................Kent

PS; Leaving the house for about two hours but will reply if needed when I return

Advertisements