Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

someone/something is giving me worms

• Please log in to reply

bigmomma6702

bigmomma6702

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have no clue if this is the right section to ask this question in, so forgive me if it's not. We have windows xp, on a cable modem, and i go into chatrooms quite often. the problem started when a friend of mine was using a ip tracker and a booter in the chatroom i frequent. he told me, my ip addy and name showed up (on his tracker) as booting people from the room. i have no booter, so i assumed someone figured my password out and was using my ip. i changed my password, and went to buy a new firewall/anti virus/anti spy program. I bought, defender pro 2009. after i hooked it up, it detected spyware, but no viruses. i went into the chatroom, thinking with windows firewall and an extra firewall running, i would be safe. well, the same guy, (know now doesn't believe i don't have a booter) told me, my ip is booting. then, my firewall detector pops up with, Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern. i am completely computer dumb, so i looked it up. it says that modem users, don't usually get thoughs. then today, OUT of chat, jusy on the internet, i get 3/1/2009 3:15:30 PM Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern 61.153.58.189 UDP 1434
3/1/2009 4:16:38 PM Intrusion.Win.MSSQL.worm.Helkern 59.173.247.106 UDP 1434
TWO MORE!!! my firewall says it's blocked them coming in, but i'm wondering, is this from a program i downloaded or is an actual person trying to get into my pc, and if so, how much of that worm can sneak behind my firewall? i appreciate any help anyone can offer. thank you!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello bigmomma6702...

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions you'll find there.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum for the experts to analyze. Do Not reply to or "bump" your own topic...if it shows a reply, it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1