Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Roxio Burn Issues

• Please log in to reply

blake5298

blake5298

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, so I have been having numerous probs off and on for a long time...

1) This problem just started a few days ago. When trying to burn data discs or copy data discs roxio will nearly complete the task, then at the last second come up with an error message that says somethin like 'the file names don't match the originals, it is recommended that you check and try again.' Even tho it appears that the files have been written to the disc --that's if burning a new data dvd, if i'm trying to copy one, i get a message that the disc must be scratched or smudged and can't be read. Both of these messages are total crap!! I have been burning and copying data discs the same way for a very long time without probs, this dysfunction just started the other day.

2) I had such trouble burning DVD movies, that I just quit trying a while ago, but since i'm writing in about the current issue I just as well ask about this one... If I just want to do a straight burn with no chapters or any editing, the program had worked fine. It's when I would attempt to insert chapter markers and names for those chapters that I would run into troubles. Even before I could get to try to burn, just in the editing process, at some point roxio would just up and close and come up with some error message (i don't recall what it said, something about needing to close blah blah). Every time! Sometimes I'd work for a couple hours getting chapters just right, then close to finishing, boom the program closes itself.

Any one know about these probs? Your help is much appreciloved!

Advertisements