Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Card Not Detecting

• Please log in to reply

Walrus5241

Walrus5241

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Wellll, I think I found out our problem!

Remember how I said the Wireless switch was on? Well, it was...so I thought. I was like "Well, I'll switch it off and then on again and see what happens" (hadn't done this yet) and when I did, the little slidey thing just fell off! My guess is that somehow it must have broke while I had it in the off position a month or two ago (though I have no idea how). Anyway, I'm gonna get this repaired and hopefully it'll be the end of my woes.

Thank you so so so much for your dedication and determination with helping me and seeing my problem through. You were the most persistent and helpful of all the boards I visited (and I learned a lot), and I'll definitely be using GeekstoGo for any further technical quandries I may find myself in!\

Thanks again ever so much,

Chuck

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
:) The most common reason for there being no networks in the View Available Networks list is due to users accidentally switching off their wireless switch, and/or forgetting to turn it back on. However, you made a note of trying to turn it on in your first post, so I ticked it off my list. In this instance, there's really not a whole lot you could have done about it -- at least you thought to check this, from the get-go. The actual switch itself being broken hadn't crossed my mind -- kudos to you for managing to track down this issue on your own, Chuck :)

Thanks for letting me know how you managed to resolve your issue(s) (fingers crossed!) -- feedback is always appreciated. :)