Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer displays nothing.

• Please log in to reply

DJAK

DJAK

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My girlfriends computer had fans running really loud, so i thought it would be a good idea to clean out all the dust from the fans. I took compressed air to the fans on the case, then removed the fan and heatsync to clean. The thermal compound was pretty messy, but i just left that. I also took out the ram to check what kind it is, and put it back in. After putting everything back together, i connected everything and turned the power on. The screen is blank.

When i connect the power and press the power button, the heatsync fan turns on, but the case fans do not. There are some other sounds, but I can't tell whats working and what isn't. I have tried re-sitting the RAM, but nothing seems to help.

Anyone have some advice on how i can figure out whats wrong?

Here's what I know about the Computer:

HP m7350n
Pentium D 2.8Ghz
2 x 1GB DDR2 Ram
PSLP-LE Motherboard
GeForce 6200SE
Windows Vista Ultimate

Advertisements

DJAK

DJAK

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Can anyone even tell me what it MAY be?

I really need some help and would appreciate anything!