Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovery disk creator doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

Akane Kiryu

Akane Kiryu

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi,

I just got a new Gateway laptop, and the first thing I wanted to do was to create recovery disks.

I started the recovery disk creator, put in a DVD R-, and pressed start.
After about 2 minutes (sitting at 0%), it gives me an error message and tells me to put in a disk that is blank. I did put in a completely blank DVD.

So I tested the DVD writer, and it writes other things no problem. It can read disks no problem.

What do I do? I need to continue working urgently, but I can't do anything until the new system is backed up.

Please help me!

Akane

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It happens. Call Gateway, explain your situation, and they will send you a set for free.

Akane Kiryu

Akane Kiryu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thank you Broni!

I will take it back to Best Buy today and exchange it for another of the same model they have.
Since I urgently need the computer, I will do this first.
If that doesn't work I'll contact Gateway.

Thanks again!

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)