Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

media test failure

• Please log in to reply

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Hello,

I was just checking online and I saw that you had the same problem as I have with the pci ethernet cart media test failure. I still have that problem, I cannot even boot up my laptop. How did you get past the media test failure Problem, I would really like to figure that out so I can get back to using my laptop again.

-=jonnyrotten=-

Advertisements

u.n.i

u.n.i

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello,

basically what i did was trial and error for a couple of hours. i unplugged something turned it on...nothing so i replugged in and took out something else and so on. i found out that it was the hard drive cable that was the problem. i guess the blue end of the cable should go where the blue socket of the motherboard is <_< i have a desktop so i have never attempted a laptop. good luck!

OilCoveredOtter

OilCoveredOtter

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hmmm i'm aware this post has been dead for quite some time but I have what seems to be in a simliar situation. Just picked up a computer the other day, the guy assembled it all for me...
amd 3000 with msi k8t neo motherboard
everything appears to be in the right place, when i turn it on i get this flashing screen that reads the exact same thing. Also my floppy drive light is on and makes a clicking sound everytime it resets. Now some people online are saying its a dead hard drive...which is impossible......so is it most likely a cable then, as the screen reads?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Is your floppy drive light on all the time? If so, the ribbon cable is likely on backward.

Does your hard drive click constantly?