Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Compaq Presario V2405US laptop Boot problem

• Please log in to reply

ToYz

ToYz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First HI this is my first post., I hope its not a repost I did look through the topics for help.
I have a Compaq Presario V2405US laptop with windows xp home ED. Last week I open to turn it on and the Compaq logo showed on the screen it beep twice then the screen went to a black screen and says Press <F1> to Resume <F10> to Setup, I press F1 or F10 and nothing happens it wont boot up nothing, next I Reboot the computer and as it's started I repeatedly tap the F8 key to get to the Safe Mode menu and nothing back to Press <F1> to Resume <F10> to Setup, I tried pressing the ESC key to check boot menu nothing,
I tried inserting the Recovery cd to repair it but it wont work at all , cd spins but them stops, when I reboot it spins stops then back to the same Press <F1> to Resume <F10> to Setup, If you have any suggestions please tell me how to fix this. Thanks

Advertisements