Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outloook 2003 "Internet Security Warning" Popup

• Please log in to reply

ainsof

ainsof

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

We've just moved our mail system over to an external service. Most of our users use Outlook 2003 and are now getting the following message when they start up their client in the a.m.:

"The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified.
A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.
Do you want to continue using this server?"

For the time being, we've told them just to click "Yes" and ignore the message, yet the panicked phone calls are still flooding in.

Microsloth's "knowledgebase" docs are essentially useless, and the two of us here in this office (Mozilla Thunderbird users) are basically at a loss figuring out why Outlook is having a problem with a trusted SMTP server.

Any instruction would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

P.S.: I found other posts in this forum; we don't use hibernation on any of the windows machines.

Attached Thumbnails

• outlook_ssl_cert_warn.jpg

Edited by ainsof, 05 March 2009 - 11:34 AM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
What is the external service you're using? It's possible that this is a known problem and they may have an answer on their site. For example, I use Google Apps in my office, and we've encountered a few errors along the way that we've been able to resolve through the Google Apps site. While it might be a Microsoft generated error, the fix may be something specific to the service.