Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Desktop Connection

• Please log in to reply

Lenny K

Lenny K

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Have been using a standalone desktop, Dell Dimension 4700 for several months to remotely log into my work server.
Installed some critical (?) (per Microsoft) updates recently.

Each time I try to connect now, get followin message:"The remote session was disconnected because there are no Terminal Server client licenses available for this computer. Please contact the server administrator"

I sign on with the same desktop ID as before. Tried connecting while firewall was shut off. Same results.
Checking with Microsoft Help sites for this message tells me I need to buy (?) a CAL for use with my server ??

I have another PC that is also XP SP3, have used that to connect before, always worked and it still does.

Advertisements

klsglobal

klsglobal

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello yea i had this problem but i kinda learned Terminal Serivces because i kinda had this problem so i used this software instead of terminal services and was able to gain access to my the server i was working on free.... i did'nt need a CAL then try this if this i just a one on one thing

This is the URL: http://www.2x.com

Lenny K

Lenny K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks................I'll give it a try.

Lenny K

Lenny K

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've looked over the install information regarding this software, but I'm not home to do it for real.

Does it also have to be installed on the server ??

If that's the case, I don't think I'll be able to use it, as the IT people will probably not want to use something they don't know...........and there are more than 3 people (clients ?) that connect to the server in the office.