Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Players

• Please log in to reply

trishsterette

trishsterette

• Pip
  • 3 posts
What is difference between Viewpoint Media player, Windows Media Format 11 Runtime, Windows Media Player 11 and Sonic Record Now? :) I have all on my computer and would like to know if I actually NEED them all. I watch videos and listen to some music sent from friends and save some, but I don't download music or create videos. Trish

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Viewpoint Media player is a foistware, which means, it's not dangerous, but often installs without your knowledge, while installing some other programs, like AOL Instant Messenger, for instance. If you don't use any programs, which require Viewpoint Media player...
Go Start>Control Panel>Add\Remove (Programs and Features in Vista), and...
Uninstall any of the following programs associated with Viewpoint:
* Viewpoint Manager
* Viewpoint Media Player
* Viewpoint Toolbar

Windows Media Format 11 Runtime is required to decode/encode Windows Media Video (WMV, WM) and Windows Media Audio (WMA) files without installing Windows Media Player 11.

Windows Media Player 11 you need to watch videos, play music, etc. I assume, this is what you use.

Sonic Record Now - Roxio RecordNow Music Lab 10 Premier is the easy software tool for people who want to collect, organize and enjoy their digital music. Collect music from disc, iPod, internet radio, and LPs. Automatically rename your music by artist, title and album. Copy your music to disc or portable player to enjoy wherever you are.

RecordNow Music Lab 10 Premier allows you to create DVD Music Discs with up to 50 Hours of music; smart navigation by title, artist, album, etc.; the ability to write to M4A format, and professional designed high quality menu themes – or the tools to make your own.

trishsterette

trishsterette

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Broni, thank you very much for your prompt and detailed reply!

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You're very welcome :)