Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Now I know how intimidating it is to ask about a problem

• Please log in to reply

Sparky 13

Sparky 13

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Wow, I am glad you all are here to help...please be gentle with a dummy like myself.
Here's the deal.
I have an office laptop, nice, works well. I am a HVAC Tech. and I have a nice data logger program installed in my office laptop. It has a small disc that I loaded into my office laptop.
I needed a small laptop in my service truck, but didn't want, or need (I thought) a disc drive. So, now I want to load the program onto a 4GB Flash Drive, then load that onto my small Acer laptop.
Hop that is clear.
Thank you for reading this.
Sparky 13

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi and welcome to geeks to go.

I assume that what you have is the real small CD.
I will also assume that this CD is an actual program that would either auto run to get to the install shield OR you would go through the file system with explorer till you found the setup program.

With that said, you should be able to copy it to the flash drive (provided it would fit).
Locate the setup.exe file and click on it to start the install shield. It should install from there.

You could also copy the file from the flash drive to the desktop and do the same thing.

Sparky 13

Sparky 13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks! I will try and make it happen.
Appreciate it.