Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drive Letter changing in Windows XP Pro

• Please log in to reply

Corwin_Trueblood

Corwin_Trueblood

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I've done this once before years ago but I have forgotten how if anyone could let me know how I'd greatly appreciate it

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi Corwin_Trueblood,

I want to first say that you are unable to change the drive letter of your system volume or boot volume. (The Hard drive)

In order to change a CD Drive or Floppy drive, make sure you have a cd or floppy inserted.

Go to Start >> Control Panel >> Double Click Administrative Tools >> Double Click Computer Management >> in the left panel Highlight Disk Management >> Right Click on the Drive you want to Change >> Choose Change Drive Letter and Paths... >> Click Change >> You should be able to figure out from there...choose the drive letter you want.

Hope that helps!