Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! My Firewall Won't Turn On

• Please log in to reply

trista22

trista22

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This happened 5 days ago. My windows firewall is turned off, its highlighted in all grey and wont let me click it to on. Something about the group policy. I can connect to the internet and get onto sites, but I cannot get on to hotmail, facebook, or msn messenger, anything that has to do with microsoft. I've tried everything and cannot afford 100+ dollars right now. My norton is not popping up on my toolbar as well, its off. Does this have anything to do with my O/S? Or a virus?

Ive tried smitfraud ( the free one) but it wont let me check updates because it cannot connect to my firewall. I'm at loss and freaking out.

Can someone help me?

Thanks so much in advanced.

Edited by trista22, 09 March 2009 - 05:52 PM.

Advertisements

trista22

trista22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
guess no ones a techie here, thanks anyways.