Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copy a MS Word Picture from MS Word document

• Please log in to reply

praxidice

praxidice

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Hello,

I have an MS Word document (Office 2000) with two pictures in it. I need to copy the pictures from the document and save them as JPEG files.

First I tried to copy and paste directly into a folder, and that did not work.

Then I tried to copy and paste into Photoshop, and that also did not work.

When I click on the image, it opens up MS Word Picture and would allow me to edit the picture within MS Word, but not to remove it.

I do not have the source files for these images on my computer.

Is there any way to get these pictures "out" of the document and into their own JPEG files?

Thank you!

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have powerpoint? if you do highlight the picture in word and press ctrl + c (or right click and choose copy) then open up a new powerpoint presentation and press ctrl + v (or right click and choose paste)...now right click the picture in power point and choose save picture as (or something to that effect)

praxidice

praxidice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Hello,

(Sorry for the delay in my reply!)

I did as you suggested, and the picture copies into Powerpoint without a problem. Once in Powerpoint, however, when I right-click, there is no option to Save Picture As... or anything similar, just the standard cut/copy/paste/format etc.

I tried looking around the Powerpoint tools for something that might help me, but I didn't find anything useful.

Any other ideas?

Thank you very much.

praxidice

praxidice

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
Hi again,

After thinking about your suggestion, I downloaded Open Office Draw (Open Office's version of Powerpoint) and tried your suggestion there instead. It worked perfectly.

So, problem solved. Thanks for your help.