Laptop is Vista and Desktop is XP
Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:09 AM
Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:17 AM
Have you set up both computers to work on the same work group?
Also, make sure that network discovery and printer sharing is turned on in the Network and sharing center.
Then try; (on the Vista machine)
How to get Vista to network with XP
Click Start, and then click Network. (Or you can click Start, type ncpa.cpl into the search box, and press ENTER).
2. Click on the Network and Sharing Center, and then click Manage Network Connections.
3. Right click on the Local Area Connection or the connection you are using.
4. Select the Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
5. Click the Advanced button under the General tab.
6. Click the WINS tab.
7. Click the Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP button.
8. Click Ok.
Edited by hfcg, 11 March 2009 - 09:18 AM.
Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:31 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users