Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help, please - Design howto

• Please log in to reply

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Ok, what I am trying to do is pretty "simple" but I don't really know how to go about it. I have a block of text that I want to layout on a page in the shape of a chinese character. Let me explain. Let's say the chinese character is the letter "A"....I would super-size the "A" and instead of the fill of the letter, I would wrap text all inside it so as to fill it with words...do you understand?

Here is an example. which will come out skewed because of the formatting once I click the "create topic button" but oh well:

_____________Hello
___________My name is
_________Mav Sidewinder
________And I ____Would
_______like to______to have
______a cup _______of red tea
_____that you very much for it
_____because I am very thirsty
_____and yes_______this is the
_____shape of_______the letter A

Can you see what I am trying to do? (ignore the underscores)

Any help in telling me how I would go about doing this would be really appreciated!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Would this be of any help?

How to Convert Text to Outline in Photoshop

Maybe these can be used:

Text Message Generator
text twist generator

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
Hi MaverickSidewinder,

What you want to do can easily be achieved in Adobe Illustrator or Freehand MX (or InDesign). You can do it in Photoshop as well, but Illustrator and Freehand would be your best bet. All you do is draw your character (or type it), then create an outline of it (in Illustrator the shortcut is shift+ctrl+O if i rememer correctly). Then select your type tool and click on the outline of the newly formed image. The text will automatically apply itself to the shape you created. Now you just adjust the text to suit your needs.

If you need a more detailed explanation, please feel free to ask. Hope this helps though.