Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia 8600 GT and Vista!

• Please log in to reply

James25

James25

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok either they don't like each other or i am doing something wrong? I recently reinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit system and since then I can not get my computer to recognize my Nvidia 8600GT graphics card. Before I reinstalled, as far as I know, it worked just fine. (my screen did go multicolored a few times but recovered) I can not download drivers for the card. It says Nvidia setup could not find any drivers compatible with your hardware (obviously :) The fan on the card is running so i would assume it works. Someone please help me I am about to go crazy here. Thank you

P.S At one point I did have it show up in my device manager but recieved codes 31 and 43 from windows. I was instructed to reinstall and use the driver sweeper to clean everything and start over but no luck there it got worse and now wont even show up.

Edited by James25, 13 March 2009 - 12:01 AM.

Advertisements

James25

James25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok not sure what I did but it works all of the sudden I installed windows updates this morning and now my card works irritating till because I don't know why it didn't work or why it all of the sudden wants to work but I am just happy I didn't have to buy another one.

Nevermind all of the sudden my system froze I rebooted and now it's back to the standard VGA I guess I need to buy a new one or something I'm so lost

Edited by James25, 13 March 2009 - 11:49 AM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
I would reinstall Vista again, and then install these drivers.

James25

James25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I installed that driver the 1st time I reinstalled vista. Does it make a difference if I take the card out before I reinstall vista?

James25

James25

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Ok confirmed by trying in another computer card burned up I guess so It is trash. Thank you