Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TERRIBLE INTERNET CONNECTION!

• Please log in to reply

Ingwaz

Ingwaz

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Somebody please help me out here, this is really bringing me down.

Recently I bought and built a new desktop computer. With it I installed a Gigabyte Wireless adapter gn-wpo1gs. My router is a netgear wgr614 v7.

I moved the computer to my room which is probably around 50ft away from the router.

when i try to go on the internet its pretty slow, takes a long time to download things and runs at around 100-200 kbps on average.

one of the reasons why i built this new computer was for gaming and Ive been trying to play World of Warcraft and everytime i log in its fine for about 1-2 seconds then it feezes up and a few minutes later i get disconnected from the server.

Can someone please suggest a better router or someway to fix this.

At the moment I'm probably going to take a look outside at my house and see about running an ethernet cable under the house and see what i can get.

:) I'm sorry if I'm a bit depressing or overly emotional or something but after spending 6-8 hours building this new computer and setting up only to have this thrown in my face is very demoralizing.

Advertisements

Ingwaz

Ingwaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Sorry everybody, I guess I just needed a place to rant for a second.

I plan on running a line under my house soon enough so that should solve the problem. However do to my slight claustrophobia I hopefully will be having a relative help me with it.

sorry again about just coming on and ranting.