Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Infected with Worm Sober-can't get rid of it?[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

3redheads

3redheads

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Ran avast anti-virus, didn't find the virus. Ran Housecall, it found it and I deleted the entries. As Housecall was running, I got a virus alarm from avast with the virus. Action taken "Moved to chest"

Now I run both anti-virus programs and the virus is not found, but it is still replicating in my email. Everyday, I have about 160 returned emails with this virus attached. It's sending it everywhere!

Any suggestions? Does this have to run it's course or is it hidden somewhere?

Thanks so much!
Kim

Edited to say that I use Hotmail and computer is a wireless. Hardwired main computer is in another room.

Edited by 3redheads, 08 May 2005 - 04:00 PM.

Advertisements

3redheads

3redheads

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Anyone who can help :tazz:

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Please Click here!, and follow the recommendations in the guide.

If you're still having trouble, We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool, Hijack This. Follow the instructions in step five of this guide, and post your log here.

Most of what Hijack This lists will be harmless AND essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

3redheads

3redheads

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
This problem seems to have resolved itself. Thanks so much!

Kim

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Thank you for letting me know! If you have any other problems feel free to post again!

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.