Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shadow copies

• Please log in to reply

stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I've just noticed that vista is making shadow copies of files that are huge and don't need backed up, i had an ISO that was 15 gb, it made 2 shadow copies causing it to take an extra 30gb of space, is there anyway to delete only certain shadow copies? when i go to the location where my shadow copies are stored, it gives me write protected error so i can't manually remove them, is there anyway to delete only certain shadow copies?

Advertisements

Quackers88

Quackers88

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Have a look at this and see if number 8 helps (2nd entry)
http://www.sqa.org.u...3CD/page_21.htm

Not sure whether those options are available in vista

Edited by Quackers88, 14 March 2009 - 11:58 AM.

stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Nope, its vista business, and i dont see no Shadow Copies tab, and there is no All tasks if i right click shared folders

stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Well, i tried to delete the shadow copy folder, which ended up deleting the original folder! Just a warning to anyone who read this, DO NOT DELETE THE FOLDER IN THE SHADOW COPY FOLDER OR IT WILL REMOVE THE ORIGINAL TOO, but i'm getting it back by restoring the full folder it was in, any other way of getting rid of the shadow copies without getting rid of the ones i need??