Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer wont turn on

• Please log in to reply

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello,

Yeah as you gathered, I'm in the UK. England to be precise.

Ok... I guess I won't be recommending any websites in the US! :)

Sorry I couldn't get back sooner. The ebay board will probably work for you as it looks to be similar, but I really can't say for sure 100% that it will. If there was more time (a few days), we could really check things out, but then again, you might miss out on a good ebay deal. I guess by the time you read this, you will have only a short time to make up your mind.

Advertisements

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
It's ok. I added him to my favourite sellers. So I can contact him if we can't find a suitable replacement board. Just noticed he relisted the motherboards anyway. If we go for that one I'll put in and offer and try and get it for less.

Edited by Oddysee, 16 March 2009 - 08:53 AM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Ok, let me check up on the boards compatibility with your current board. You do some research also. I'll get back to you in a few hours and we can see where we stand. :)

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Motherboards that look familiar to the one I have. Is about as good as my research gets lol. This is where my lack of knowledge comes through. I'll try my best.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
What I meant is that you look at the specs of each board and compare them. Things like the CPU support, ram type supported, whether or not on-board sound is available, etc.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I haven't been successful in finding a manual for the MS-6719. I found a post that stated they think its the same (or similar) as the MS6233EG-LM, although it looks a little different that the one on ebay. The ID number you posted (11109050010152), is that from the motherboard, or the computer. If its from the motherboard, can you contact the ebay seller and ask for the ID number so we can look it up on the Medion website? We may be able to match the drivers to find similarities or differences.

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
It was from the computer so he wont have an ID number. The Medion motherboards were made by Mirco-Star. I went on there site and they do not have the ones they made for Medion on here.

My motherboard is a Medion MD5000 V1 which is a Micro-Star MS-6701. I can't find a manual for MS-6719 either.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
This makes things rather difficult. According to the links you posted earlier, all indications show the supported CPU is P4, and the chipset is a SIS for each board. This tells me that "most likely", the ebay board will work. However, there is no garuantee that you will be able to get the required drivers if you bought the ebay board. You could try to use the same drivers as your 6701 board, but they may not work for the ebay board. At this point, without the manual, or specs, I don't know what to do. I will continue searching to see if something comes up, but after doing this for over an hour, things don't look promising. However, I've gotten lucky in the past, so I don't tend to give up that easily. If you wish to continue, and I'm guessing you do, then I'll keep looking. Whaddya say?

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Someone posted up there ID number for MS-6719.

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Could I use a different motherboard other than a Medion/Mirco-Star board? Like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=400036891405

Edited by Oddysee, 16 March 2009 - 03:48 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I actually found several other ID numbers. They all go to the same page as the one you just posted. There doesn't seem to be as many drivers as for your 6701 board, and that's whats got me concerned.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Yes, you can use this board. It matches your current motherboard for CPU and ram type. However, I can't tell by the photo if the CPU heatsink mount is the same between the two boards. Are they? The drivers appear to be available at GIGABYTE so at least you don't have to hunt for them.

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I ended up buying a different motherboard to the 1 I posted on ebay. Which works fine. However I broke the switch. The switch that connects from the front of the PC to the motherboard.

Could someone please tell me what they are called? I seared ebay and could only find 1 guy from Hong Kong selling them.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
HERE's an ebay search page, but I don't see any in the UK.

Oddysee

Oddysee

Spammer

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I found a site which sold them for £1.40 each So I brought a couple. http://www.coolermas.../shop/index.php. The delivery to the UK was pretty good.

When the switch is here. That's pretty much it for my computer. It'll all be done. Thanks a lot makai. You really helped me out a lot mate. I really appreciate all the time you spent helping me.