Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Adapter Is Gone

• Please log in to reply

blaze_1

blaze_1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, I need help.

I turned on my computer to find my internet connection gone.

This is what I know.

1. network adapter does not show in the Device Manager Screen. No question mark no nothing.

2. The network has a second computer on it thru wireless and it is working fine.

3. Installing driver from motherboard disk did not work.

4. I know there is a way to look at it in the BIOS just not sure how. How do I determine if it is bad or can be fixed?

Is it possible the network adapter just crapped out? If so it was installed on the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L ver 1.o I sent them a trouble question as well; Maybe I can jsut send it back to them for warranty?

Advertisements

ChevyManUSA

ChevyManUSA

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
It is possible that your install of Windows maybe infected and that is why no network adapter can be found.

Motherboard PDF: http://america.giga-.....28d)s3l_e.pdf
Page 39-40 cover the on-board network card enable/disable option.
Enter BIOS by pressing "Del" key. Navigate to Intergrated Peripherals > Onboard H/W LAN this option should be enabled.
Make sure it is connected to the network cable and check the SMART LAN this will effectively test the cable. If test shows no cable length and Onboard Lan is enabled. Chances are very good the onboard lan is defective. If the LAN checks out good and shows cable length/speed.
Than you do have a windows issue and the trouble shooting you did will be helpful in diagnosing the issue.

Recent driver as of 2009/01/22: http://www.gigabyte....=2599#anchor_os

Hope this helps.