Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7

• Please log in to reply

david92363

david92363

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have updated to Internet Explorer 7 which works OK almost all the time. However on visiting www.edv-markt.com I found the website would not display properly and that I cannot use it, for example to order things. Has anyone else had similar problems, or does anyone know if there are any patches or updates ? I'm frustrated because a friend of mine has IE7 and he can access this website without problems!

Advertisements

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Is there a yellow line across the top of the page, when clicked looks like this?Activex_install.JPG
If so, Click on the install active x control.

david92363

david92363

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No yellow bar. Active-X appears to be working since all other websites can be reached. Only this one website, edv-market.com can't be seen properly.

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Send me a snapshot of the page or pages that aren't working correctly.
I've gone to that site, using XP IE7 and Vista IE7
The XP system sees the site one way. (I have antivrus and a firewall)
The Vist system see's more info on the page. (No antivrus or Firewall)
I'm not sure yet, if this is your situation, however, I have seen firewall software which has been set to block advertisements . In one case it wouldn't display the site at all. Most of the page was advertisements.

I'll be awaiting your next reply.

Important note: I would never recommend anyone test going to a site by shutting off their Antivrus software.
I use Virtual Machines for testing. If the VM gets infected, I just kill the VM and rebuild a new one.

Edited by isimaster, 16 March 2009 - 07:28 AM.

david92363

david92363

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks very much for your response. Everything is OK now - I was a total idiot and had missed a badly coloured click button for "language." Thanks again and I'm relieved that the fault lay with me and not IE7. :)

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Your Welcome. We've all, been there, done that, at one time or another. :)